Thread: General: - E46 Bi-Xenon (budget) retrofit
View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 14:06   #47
andy_d
Premier Member

hehe when i was up in sligo "mot" was also optional (pre NCT days) im also not sure on how well enforced it is (not at all by some of the clownshoes lighting that i see on the roads here,, ) but with my luck id be "the first"...

Id go hids in a flash if the muppets who make the laws had any common sense......

Yeps quality H7's will go in, osram nightbreakers of some sort, once the drl-off is done , and its then im thinking of doing the halo addition, to replace the 60% dipped beam drl (even tho i dont like drl or agree with them !) probably on a combo of the switch (Side lights) with a relay to off them when dipped beams are on (and swearing when i leave them on and flatten the battery,,,)

Not tooo sure the Old S/V40 dipped beams were That good "!" having had one, similar reflector burn out happened needing new reflectors (which means new units) after a Few years of DRL-on, (phase 2 S40 for me) Hid was Possible but iffy in those , thankfully without the need for the skbow thing but care about the wiper motor still needed. But they had headlight Wipers, with motors that loved to seize up,but you could drl-Off/on them from the stalks depending on time of the year. Nightbreakers Really helped in those, as did alignment If that is the adjuster inside the lamp unit didnt snap, which after years of being warmed by drl-on they did.

P.s. "the dark side" is rumoured to have cookies !

Last edited by andy_d; Dec 10th, 2018 at 14:14.
andy_d is offline   Reply With Quote