View Single Post
Old Jul 18th, 2018, 12:09   #6
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltE View Post

Many thanks and sorry for all the text, but hopefully it covers the most likely response questions.
Whoa!, another unicorn on the forum, welcome to the ever joyful world of "EverythingIsDoubleBecauseYouHaveAWD" Happy to see another one here

Any pics?

I may be able to help you with some stuff strictle-related to AWD as I had my fair share of it within last 2 years, but a lot of issues you (unfortunately) will come across are related to P1 platform and T5 engine in general. But in the same time lot of people will be able to chip in with the knowledge, so dont worry.

as for your issue - I am not sure if maybe symptoms are related to clogged PVC oil breathe? It is very common problem on those engine and I think every T5 went trough the PVC replacement once atleast (oil filter housing p. n 31338685). Common symptom of it is a "whining" noise that changes when you pull the oil dipstick out when engine is idling. No harm to check it anyway, but I cant be positive your smoke problem is relate to it it any way.

oh, forgot to add - Clunking noises you may be referring to - could be worn front control arms (those do go off on our cars often) or top shock mounts+bearings. I had all those replaced on mine within last 2 years, including front shocks. Worn shocks made weird "rattle" noises, that I thought were related to axle. Top mounts were making "creaking" noises, similar to ships hull (cant find better comparison :P). Lower control arms are apparently making clunking noises aswell but were replaced before I got the car so I didnt hear it myself.
Also - another noise-generating items are engine pads - there are 2 (one under battery tray, one on opposite side) + gearbox one, also called torque mount. When front ones are shot engine vibrates more and in some cases may cause other weird sounds. Worth checking them aswell.

Last edited by LizardOfBodom; Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:21.
LizardOfBodom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: