View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 11:03   #3
AustinM64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technician View Post
Hi,

I think the answer is yes and yes. Electric seats have been on offer since the 80's so it's not an issue with Volvo being behind the curve. On pre facelift cars there are several.conectors under the seat and you should see wires coming from the carpet and going into a connection on a rail at the front base of the seat. From that you will see nothing the other side going into the seat itself, there being your spare power seat and heated seat connections.

You will need a pre-facelift seat, fuses for the dashboard side fuse box and obviously remember to disconnect battery before swapping as you will be disconnecting the airbag connector.

Also the electric seat weighs as much as the moon after a big dinner. It's also easy to scratch the paint on the sill so cover with a thick rag. 2 people makes it a bit easier, but the doors down get in your way a bit with 2 people trying to grapple the seat.

Good luck.
Steve
Steve,

I've only just seen this; genius, thanks!

Yesterday, I put the electrically adjusted front driver's seat in.

When I took out the manually adjusted seat there were two male plugs that were fitted into blank female plugs (plus the usual wiring). When I put in the electrically adjusted seat the female plugs were not blank and went to a relay box under/attached to the seat.

You can imagine my joy finding that the wiring appeared to already be there but this quickly turned to gloom when the seat didn't work and the SRS Airbag Light is now on (I didn't have your advice about disconnecting the battery). Is there a way to reset this?

I haven't installed any fuses but the relay box is clicking when any of the adjustment switches are operated, so the power is there but there appears to be a different issue/problem.

Any idea where I need to start looking would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Austin

Last edited by AustinM64; Feb 24th, 2020 at 11:19.
AustinM64 is offline   Reply With Quote