View Single Post
Old Jun 23rd, 2020, 21:19   #135
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBike View Post
Far more straightforward this evening, and in 10 minutes a pair of Kenwood speakers in the front doors. Much improved now that I don't have to deafen those sat in the back (normally my 2 dogs) so that I can hear the music. Alas, only radio stations. The rubber drive band for the cassette player was broken and has been replaced, everything whizzes and spins as it should, but the funny clunky bit that pushes onto the tape itself fails to do so.
Not to worry, I'll pick up one of those little FM transmitter thingies so I can simply bluetooth my phone to the stereo.
Wonderful -a cassette player!

You could probably find a good 1/2 DIN modern FM/MW/CD/USB/BT player for no more than £20 (used) which would look and sound much better.Half an hour with a heat gun and some self soldering joints and you could have modern DIN connectors as well. You might find that a better solution than a 30-odd year old unit with faults.

I find that solution works fine in the RB:

... in fact I think I'll get rid of the DAB add on unit and just fit a better fixing for a cell phone so I can use it for SATNAV (as well as audio input).

Just a suggestion :-)
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: