View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 15:16   #66
ITSv40
VOC Member

Phew, all done!

ABS module went back in fairly easily and everything connected up. 2 hours to replace the module, 1 hour to bleed the brakes and another hour to finish re-assembly ready for road test. The brake bleeding was interesting, first off there was quite a few large air bubbles coming through and then a seemingly endless quantity of fizz - then gradually became clean fluid with no air. I bled 250ml through each caliper which seemed to clear the air and then went round again and bled another 250ml from each corner. Completely clean fluid second time.

No leaks or seepage, no ABS light, no hot brake pads and now the brakes are really sharp and spot on. No spare bolts or nuts, just one broken plastic clip, which will mean a trip to BMW for a new one - it is a special one off, aren't they all.

Abdiel and Laird scooby: Yes, there were some choice words, however, my neighbours were away for the weekend. so no harm done. As for patience: I tend to be a completer/finisher according to Belbin's theory, so just quietly get on with the job until it is done. It all has to be done right with no short cuts.

davenp: Yes, 'er indoors does have a mechanical empathy, but then I have spent 34 years training her. Or perhaps it is living with me for 34 years and putting up with my car spannering
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: