View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 16:05   #67
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
Abdiel and Laird scooby: Yes, there were some choice words, however, my neighbours were away for the weekend. so no harm done. As for patience: I tend to be a completer/finisher according to Belbin's theory, so just quietly get on with the job until it is done. It all has to be done right with no short cuts.
Congrats on a job well done!

It sounds like you're what i call a "plodder" (that's definitely NOT an insult by the way! ) that keeps plodding away on a job until it's done and done right.
If there was a "clap hands" emoji i would add a few of these as genuine applause as there are too many people that operate on the "Bodgitt & Scarper" method these days so full marks for sorting it properly.

I am much the same myself but due to various circumstances these days often have to leave a job half done but i always leave it safe to use or don't use it until it is. No half measures in that area! That usually means that (in the case of the car) whatever the item is could be out of action for a period of time and i sometimes end up with several such things so i quite often fee like "I never finish anyth........."

I do get there eventually though!

In common with Davenp, i think it's unusual for the female of the species to notice the more discreet failures of cars - some years back i advised a female friend her cat had a big crack in it, motnhs later she told me she had changed her car because it suddenly became noisy - can't think why! Same friend came to me a couple of months later with the EML on the dash of her Aygo - "It just appeared and so did a circle with two snakes in it!"

Translation - EML was definitely on and so was the ABS light. Some time later (about 2 coffees) it emerged she'd hit a huge puddle and that brough both lights on. Investigation showed the engine ECU was reporting a difference between the pre and post cat Lambda sensors that was out of range for the conditions and also lost signals on both front ABS sensors.

Reset the DTCs and concluded hitting the puddle had cooled the cat suddenly reducing its efficiency and also swamped the ABS sensors causing a temporary problem until they dried out. Turned out that long term the sudden cooling of the pre cat Lambda had damaged it and on those, they need to be replaced as a matched pair (pre and post cat sensors) from Toyota as the pattern parts don't seem to work with the Toyota ECUs correctly.

This is what most of face from our female friends and partners/wives so you're lucky you have trained yours to be aware of strange things!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: