Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 15:35   #1173
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Odd but it can work.... Going back a couple of years, i wanted to sell my old microwave. It wasn't actually that old, i'd bought it thinking it was larger than it was due to a confusing display. Because it was too small for what i wanted, i hadn't actually used it much so when i sold it, it was more or less new in terms of use, just chronologically about 3-5 years old.

Listed it on fleabay with a £9.99 start price (i was after £20) and it had no bids, only a couple of silly offers of a fiver. Relisted, same again. Relisted at £19.99 start price, sold within 2 days for £20 .... .
I used to buy regularly some particular items at boot sales. I saw them sell by other sellers usually for peanuts on ebay or fail to sell. I listed on ebay with simple clear pics, informative listing wording, a well chosen sale format (not 99p start auctions) .... I supplemented my income in lean times. Often I got more than my target sale price. An informative listing, realistic price not undermining the item's value, bombproof packing delivered quickly to keep the customer satisfied like what one would like to receive oneself.

Works every time ...

Stephen

—Bertrand Russell

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; Oct 19th, 2021 at 15:39.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote