Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 15:48   #1174
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
That Ford colour is nice Dave, I like that.

I’d agree with your estimates, £2,500 to make it okay (although that probably wouldn’t cover a respray, that might be £2,000 on its own) to make a motor car worth £3,000. There isn’t really a margin, so the 244 can only be worth hundreds, not thousands.

Alan
I had a 1981/W plate Cortina 2.0 Ghia auto in that Chestnut Brown Metallic Alan, very nice colour. Slightly better than Vauxhalls Hazel Brown Metallic although that was nice, my dad had a 1980/V Cavalier 1.6GL in that colour.

The date references are to indicate they would truly be contemporay choices of an alternative brown that didn't make it look like a flying turd!

As for my estimates, i was including the respray in the DIY basis as well as all the other work. Not sure on paint prices these days but if you said £300 for the primer, colour and clear that probably wouldn't be too far out i wouldn't think, especially with a few sundries thrown in - stopper, filler, abrasives, cutting compound, polish etc.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: