View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2020, 21:23   #38
Foeux

Ahoy chums,

I have completed the swap.

Riddle me this... I went to a local scrappy, it had a car of the same year (with a snail under the bonnet) with half leather heated seats, manually adjusted. Depite that, the thing was wired for electric seats.

Hacked off plug and nice long tail of wire, pulled fuseboard and cut out a few spade terminals with tails, got a heated seat relay from beneath pass seat. Socially distanced pick-your own and only cost me a fiver.

Came back. Tested seat functions by connecting plug and using a battery. everything worked. Phew.

Old seat out (the little key-ways are such a pig). Wired threaded up to back of fuseboard. Spade soldered on to give all 3 coloured wires 12V. Spade shoved firmly onto back of fuse10. Eathed onto handbrake switch. wiring tidied away. Seat in, bolt down, check everything. Memory, up, down, back forward and all memories work.

Had heated seat switches apart. they seem to work so thats good.

Thanks for your patience and generosity. I don't think there can be any trouble doing this job again. Hopefully others find this useful too. The only upgrade from here would be a low mieage set of V90 seats or something similarly lovely.

Cheers,

F
Foeux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foeux For This Useful Post: