View Single Post
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 16:40   #1
V40R

Default 2016 Airbag Reset, EGR, clutch pedal and stop start battery

A little background, I bought a V40 D2 2.0 with 10k, going on 8 months ago.

This was a 'damaged' vehicle for which I quite 'remarkablely' obtained a number of parts from a gentleman that happened to work at the garage that started a repair for the insurers.

The said insurers whom eventually had had enough.

It's a rather long story happy to post in another thread, I was thinking it would be nice to show the process of reassembling a complete front end. I have taken snaps throughout.

I am on the verge of buttoning it up now and I have a few niggles.

I have an airbag light that needs resetting. These were kindly 'removed' and 'inadvertently' retained being bought back on eBay

Having been driving it for about two months, the EML light has come on and having checked the code, it displays an EGR fault.

Since the very beginning, the stop/start has not functioned, on an odd occasion it kicks in but immediately restarts the engine.

Clutch pedal has begun to creak.

My question would be, is there anyone localish (50 miles) to me with expertise/equipment to reset the airbag light (my equipment is more geared to VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda)? Or any other support/guidance aside from the main dealer route.

The other issues, I assume these would be covered under warranty (a few months left!) as there is a track record of similar issues with other owners, I assume the aux battery has gone for the start/stop anyone had joy in warranty covering that? or have any advice on replacement?

I would really appreciate any help, many thanks.

And apologies for the mini essay, four birds for the chop with my first post!

Last edited by V40R; Dec 18th, 2018 at 16:52. Reason: Error
V40R is offline   Reply With Quote