View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 19:25   #1
TheMarshal

Default [HELP!!!] Emergency: Car runs terrible after throttle reset

I have an emergency problem that is completely my own fault, but I do not know how to correct my mistake.

Car: Volvo C30 D2, built in 2011
Problem: the car runs VERY rough after the 'Reset Throttle'/'calibrate throttle' procedure in VIDA. I really need your help, because I need my car tomorrow and I can not ride it in this state.

What happened:
I installed VIDA a few days ago. Today I did the 'reset throttle' procedure in VIDA. No, I did not replace the throttle body, it was pure curiosity that helped me in this misery (wise lesson: never just do it again). Afterwards, the car does not run well anymore.

I started the procedure with a warm car.
I had carefully read the description in VIDA to carry out the procedure. Turn the key to "II", click to start the reset procedure. The yellow marker immediately changed from yellow to green. I did not touch the pedal. I closed the calibration screen and turned off the engine, removed the key and waited for at least 3 minutes.

Then the engine started immediately, idling normally. But under load the engine makes a loud noise. The car stutters / hesitates a bit too
Please help me, how do I restore this?

Some specific questions:
Do I have to do this with a warm engine? Or a cold engine?
Once I have clicked 'Start Reset', do I have to keep the accelerator completely untouched? Or just impressions? There was not even enough time to press the accelerator before the indicator turned green.

In any case, I have already learned the wise lesson: never do this again, even though I have read the VIDA description correctly.

Thanks in advance for helping me
TheMarshal is offline   Reply With Quote