View Single Post
Old Mar 9th, 2024, 14:08   #1
ovlov007

Default V50 Diesel Estate 2011 Snapped Rear Strut Bolt Help Please!

Greetings all, and what a great place for info on Volvos.

I have searched here and the Internet Google facility and specifically the Youtube video site but coming up blank, so hopefully, somebody here mght be able to help?

So as my first repair to this, new to me, V50, the rear suspension top strut mount bolt snapped insitu whilst being put back on the vehicle, after sourcing all new parts, except the bolts!. I was still using a standard ratchet and socket when this happened and about to get my torque wrench then snap! It is deep in the hole, there is nothing protruding!

So I realize the job ahead is a pain in the arse and can go wrong in so may ways but my question is....can I access this stuck nut from above/inside the rear of the car? It might be a bit more simple to accurately drill out the stuck stud? How does the rear panel come out and even then, will I be able to get to the captive nut or thread where the stud is broken? I'm ready, tools ready but more than intimidtaed at drilling uphill, closed space, blind.

Hope I am in the right place to ask.

Any help or advice gratefully received. I'll be very happy to take pictures to post as I go, in the hope it may help some other unfortunate in a similar position as I find myself.

Kind regards,
ovlov007 is offline   Reply With Quote