View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2018, 13:41   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHJ View Post
Morning all,

I'm brand new to Volvo's and this forum so please bear with and go easy on me... my background is Mercs. I have a 1997 S40 2L SE Saloon. quite a lucky find as it only as 21k miles on the clock, 1 owner and a full Volvo Dealer History. anyway I digress, so a couple of issues are:-

1) when i lock the car using the fob, the indicators keep flashing after the slightly long flash confirming this has been done. All doors are locked, and nothing in the car is moving around. the alarm is silent though when the lights are flashing. also, the little light on the inside flashes (normally?).

2) the radio keeps showing "off" and wont let me input the code. the car went for an MOT on friday so was on for a good hour but it states off... any ideas?

All replies and help appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Hiten
1, When you lock the car the alarm goes off , hence the flashing of all 4 indicators , so you have two problems , something setting the alarm off and also the siren is faulty as you cannot hear it , I would change the siren first that may cure the problem if it is faulty and setting itself off .

2, You must have input the wrong 4 digit code three times for it to lock up ..
You must leave the car quite a long time with the ignition on , connect up a charger , It could be 2 hours or it could be overnight depending how many times the incorrect code was put in . Every time it is incorrect it doubles the time you have to wait until it resets itself . I would ensure you have the correct code before trying again !