View Single Post
Old Feb 6th, 2024, 15:39   #496
mm60103

Smile City Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
no real faults cropping up at all . Most of the technology is proved in the S80 from 2007 except city safety , but one must assume thats fully sorted , we cant really test that until the conditions are right to bring it into action .
There is a steering pipe retaining screw recall on certain XC60's which is an inherent FORD problem which Volvo have developed a better design fix for ..
I've had numerous Volvos over the past 15 years the majority having the city safety feature on. I always knew what it was supposed to do but how daft would you be if you tried to test it and it didn't work. Grade 1 Plonker looking for a new front for your car. Just over a year in my XC60 for some reason the car in front of stopped short of a corner. I thought dear me I'm going to plough into the back of it. As I got closer my car braked like I didn't think possible. A bit like 3 big blokes with their foot on the brake pedal at the same time. Impressed yes. Damage to front of car avoided. Thank you City Safe!
mm60103 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mm60103 For This Useful Post: