View Single Post
Old Jan 27th, 2020, 15:45   #14
allycat

Default Finally Fixed and Quite Expensive

So I got the car back on Thurs 23 Jan having left it with them on 31 Dec and been quoted a 2 week back order lead time for the part on Fri 03 Jan, so overall 3 weeks without the car. Although it is a lease car I asked the dealer to let me have a copy of the invoice so I knew what the cost was.

He said that there had been quite a lot of communication with Volvo UK who had agreed to contribute to the cost of the parts. This is interesting because the car is 3.5 years old and outside the 3 Year / 60,000 mile warranty period even though it has only done 29,900 miles. He did say they have "had a few of these need replacing", so I wonder if there is a design fault and Volvo are quietly paying up to keep it quiet. Also why there is a backorder situation for the part.

Anyhow the final costs came to £1090 billed to Volvo Warranty and £1125 billed to the lease company (both excluding VAT). Basically Volvo Warranty paid 60% of the replacement parts costs and the lease company paid 40%, but they also billed the lease company £499.00 for something unspecified on the invoice; it was a line item with no description; they didn't bill a similar line item to Volvo Warranty though.

The two large part costs were £337.50 for a new "Charging connector" (the socket into which the plug is inserted - it is a new one on the car) and £927.00 for the Battery Charger OB ("onboard", I guess). There were a number of other line items for what look like consumable parts, some with descriptions and some without, which totalled £380.15 between the two parties, with Volvo Warranty paying more, plus the previously described £499.00 charge just for the leasing company. The invoice included a request to look at a squeaky rear brake but I couldn't identify any specific costs related to that.

Total cost overall was therefore £2214.79 + VAT = £2657.75.

Ouch. I'm glad I don't have to pay that privately. All seems well and it charges and releases OK from a 13A socket and a fixed 32A charging station so far.
allycat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allycat For This Useful Post: