Thread: 240 General: - Oil in coolant; head gasket?
View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2019, 19:28   #9
Phil Russell

Default Update

Well hopefully the radiator and auto transmission issue is sorted. It took a while ... we decided to get it done at a garage (not main dealer) and get the auto box flushed properly and a new radiator fitted. First problem was finding a garage to flush the box and also to get a new radiator. One garage, without seeing the car, immediately declared the repair as uneconomic. A few others said they could replace the radiator if they could find one but were unable to flush the transmission. One garage insisted they would have to have a radiator made specially. They were surprised when I pointed them to adverts in 'Volvo Driver' magazine. But finally we found a garage to do both the radiator and a power flush not far from home. Initially they received a radiator for a manual car but a day later the auto one arrived and was fitted. All done and collected tonight. So far so good.
But on arrival back home I noticed reverse lights were not working. I cannot believe the work done as above would have caused this ... so more detective work is needed.

Any tips anyone? Might be bulbs, but both at once? Doubtful. I believe it is fuse 12 to check followed by the black wires as they go into the n/s (left) light cluster. Not sure about the transmission switch ... maybe near the selector lever under the trim? Haynes manual is no help here.

Cheers, Phil
Phil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote