View Single Post
Old Sep 5th, 2019, 00:16   #225
Ian W XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTaylor View Post
This is what worries me now, I have a D4 and it is running fine, but IF I was to have this issue Volvo have already informed me my V60 is not under warranty because the car has not been serviced by them. They say garages may fit none-genuine parts so Volvo won't cover it. probably be a long drawn out case trying to get them to admit to an original manufacturing/design issue and accept liability. Would it be worth the hassle?

Surely though they will have to do something, as if the reputation of the reliability of these cars drops, then second hand dealers won't want to touch them leaving owners stuck when they come t sell them on.
Yep, the service reception lady gave me the flannel about, "as you're a good customer, always been serviced by us" but Volvo aren't giving 100% because of that, they know it's a design/engineering flaw in the D4 that means in court a judge isn't likely to find that a 4yr old engine that needs a substantial rebuild through excess carbon deposits is "fit for purpose" so they're straight away taking away any financial pain so why would the owners go to court? Nothing legal is ever straightforward or cheap so you do have a dilemma but my "gut" is, they'd repair yours too to avoid any chance of being exposed.
As someone else said, they're repairing, not "fixing" the issue and I, for one, will be moving on when mines repaired cause I don't think there can be a fix as their newest engines have moved to adblue, as I understand things.