View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:50   #18
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
My Husband & I are going to meet the dealer this afternoon and we're waiting for a call later to tell us the time of the appointment, hopefully with someone in authority.

It's a sad situation as, by & large, they have been a decent bunch since we bought the XC90 from them new in 2006.

Perhaps they will rescue this situation? I hope so as we really don't want the hassle of a dispute and future trips to Murray Volvo in Edinburgh - but perhaps we will have no choice.

Thanks guys, keep the advice flowing if you have anything to add.

Arianne
I wouldn't wait too long for that call, I'd be more inclined to go down to the dealer and sit and wait there for them to see you. If they keep you waiting then kick up a fuss and they will soon see you.

Tell them you want to speak to both the Service Manager and the Dealership Pricipal - together!! State your case to both of them and don't allow yourself to be fobbed off. Don't just deal with some sales rep or the service counter staff. If both the service manager and pricipal is not available then arrange a time when they are. Although if just the Principal is available I would proceed with the meeting.

Tell them straight you are not happy with situation, your car came in for an MOT and for the handbarke to fixed. They have charged/invoiced you for the work, told you it was all done and sorted, it was all working and tested (MOT) and indeed, infact apparently pass the MOT (Certificate in hand).

You get your car back and straight away as soon as you get home you struggle to even keep the car on the virtually flat drive as the handbrake won't hold. This is with the handbrake pulled on to the last notch! There is no way the vehicle could have passed an MOT with it in its current condition (and that's got to be after their repair).

Tell them if they are not prepared to fix the item for 'Free' then you will contact anyone and everyone you can to highlight the fact that their conduct, workmanship and customer service is appauling! Tell them your next step is to contact Volvo UK as well as having the car retested by VOSA and that you will also be going to Trading Standards.

If it has got this far in the conversation then the dealership must really be ignorant and arrogant. Try not to let it get you wound up and certainly don't let it show to the dealership. Be professional and polite and if you don't have any joy by the end of the meeting then just contact Volvo UK and VOSA. It would probably mean you don't continue to drive around in your vehicle until VOSA have inspected it. You could obviously drive directly home and then directly to the VOSA testing station. The more mileage you put on the car since the MOT the weaker your argument becomes (to an extent).

Last edited by SonyVaio; Mar 23rd, 2012 at 10:59.
SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SonyVaio For This Useful Post: