View Single Post
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 11:31   #27
Busa1400

I have read this post with surprise - it seems that perhaps the Scandinavians cant drive !!

I had a Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 diesel that I part exchanged for the Volvo and was worried about off road use - the Volvo is superb.

Over Christmas we stayed at Armathwaite Hall in Cumbria and went exploring in the T8. On one day it was particularly cold and on getting to the bottom of a hill notice a number of cars pulled to the side. In front of us was a Mitsubishi SWB Shogun. We waited in the que for about 5 minutes not realising that at the head of the que some 5 cars away was a Highways Agency type vehicle with its Amber beacons flashing.

The Mitsubishi overtook the row of cars and I followed. At the front of the que of cars was a steep hill with cars slipping all over the road coming down, hence the other cars not going up.

The Mitsubishi turned round not leaving alot of room to go anywhere, I was in all wheel drive in any event and simply put my foot down and drove up the hill - no issues, no slipping, really impressed.

This coupled with the previous post - seems nothing to worry about
The Following User Says Thank You to Busa1400 For This Useful Post: