View Single Post
Old Jul 4th, 2017, 11:37   #1
beachcomber550
Beachcomber

Default Beachcomber's 940 wagon for sale [ see thread ]

Due to life changing events I have to part with my 940 wagon project.

The car has been well documented here [ "Beachcomber's 940 estate - has to be modified" ], but suffice to say it will be one of the BEST bases for a project - or to restore.

There is NO structural rust and only very minor [ and I mean miniscule ] surface corrosion on a couple of places in the engine bay where the paint has come off. There is a minor surface scratching on the O/S rear wing and the smallest of dings [10p piece ] ding on the N/S front wheelarch. Factory sunroof model.

The PO spent an obscene amount of money on new [ OEM ] parts - including, cylinder head, turbo, radiator, steering rack ...... the list goes on. All documented and most work carried out within the last 10K miles.

Servicing and all most work carried out by HR Owens [ RR dealers ] in London..

I too have spent far too much !! Kilen springs, Bilstein shox, new rear box [ all that was needed for the MOT - and that only an advisory ], tow bar, OEM roof bars [ not fitted ]. I have over £2K in the car - and that doesn't include the modified / upgrade parts I've bought - available seperately.

The car was running sweet as a nut - engine, trans, brakes, steering, but the original intermittent bad starting has returned. It is an issue with one of the sensors / etc. The drivetrain runs perfectly - auto trans and engine all excellent, no noise, smoke, oil leaks, rattles etc.

I doubt you will find a car in this condition, for any model year, never mind a 27 year old car. Even my MOT guy was very impressed - and he's a miserable git normally.

Currently SORN'd, and of course with the starting issue, so will need to be trailered away..

Car will be sold with all the OEM parts - including original wheels tyres [ VGC ]and I'll re-fit the OEM air filter assy - or it can come supplied loose.

If you're looking at doing a 940 wagon - then this is the one ....... NO rust or dings/dents to sort out.

I'm very reluctant to sell, but it has to go. That said, I'm not giving it away - so don't bother !
beachcomber550 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beachcomber550 For This Useful Post: