View Single Post
Old Dec 17th, 2017, 13:08   #12
BrianH
VOC Member

Default 4000 miles a month on LPG

My rusty tank has been replaced. The carpet covered tank behind the rear seat did'nt allow the condensate to dry out. The 245 GL 1989 with 2.3 CI engine ran well for four days, but after a motorway run at around 3000rpm the idle went down to 500rpm and attempted to stall!

Heal and toe is not easy in traffic! I'm almost convinced its the finings from the LPG, and this cold weather makes the crude oil in the expanded LPG from liquid to gas worse. A slow moving and sticky crude oil on the diaphram is my guess.

I,m no expert and appreciate Classicswede's input.

I also use 'LPG dual fuel convertions for automotive engines'. This information packed 145 page instruction book I got back in 2001 when running problems appeared some years later from installation in 2001. The publication came from Hugo van Osch and Gordon Finley with IWEMA Enterprise, Holland. It covers every thing from describing LPG mixtures summer and winter to different systems natural to injection. Rebuilds of evaporators and much more. I,ve done this rebuild twice on my primitive single stage GROOT; I've got one ready to go in.

A Volvo member kindly sold me a double O.M.V.L two stage vaporiser. I,m wondering if I should install this to improve the finings problem of high mileage.

BrianH. 650k miles. Happy Chrismas
BrianH is offline   Reply With Quote