View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2019, 13:55   #106
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I wander how smart the cameras are.

I was coming back from Yorkshire this weekend. Speed limiter/cruise set to 70mph along the M1. It was a nice yet boring 70mph drive there and back.

On the way back, some idiot was tearing along in a white VW, went through the camera at the same time as me and got flashed. Are the cameras smart enough to know which is the offending vehicle?

I saved the incident from the dash cam (which also has speed enabled) to the computer incase I get lumbered with a ticket in error.
Yes, HADECS 3 is perfectly capable of identifying the speed and which lane it is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis View Post
I'm speculating, but I'd say yes. Because they're aimed at the lane to which they respond. But that won't count as evidence. The real evidence lies in how far the car moved between camera flashes, and that's why there's a grid painted on the floor. Exceed a certain distance in a given time, you're going too fast.
HADECS 3 doesn't rely on road markings, in fact there won't be any (unless it is an upgrade from a HADECS 2 camera in which case the old paint may still be there). It uses a secondary independent radar check.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bendolfc For This Useful Post: