Thread: Car polishers
View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2020, 13:43   #33
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
HI folks, THIS is what many body shops use, i have used them many. many times when i was smart repairing at various defleet centers, Eurofleet (now Inchcape), Gefco, Paragon and QVR.

As for burning the paint, melting the rubber strips, headlights and bumpers etc, thats down to inexperience, done a few of each in my time lol (except a headlight but i know a guy that did melt a hole in one once), its down to a few factors, too much pressure, not enough polish, the wrong polish (inexperience) then wrong head and or too fast a head.

The only bad part about those polishers is burning through the bushes or bearings, but you should never do either, not unless youre going to be using it 8hrs a day 5/6 days a week under serious load

I should mention cutting compounds, the main ones was G4 and my fave, 3M Fast cut and your own fave polish to finish
That is a rotary polisher used extensively by professionals as it gives quick results - lethal in inexperienced hands. The DAS6 is a random orbital machine and much, much more forgiving, hence the go to machine in the amateur hobbyists market.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote