View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 17:46   #1
Thanatos
VOC Member

Default Problems with classicswede

if you value your car and want an lpg conversion i would recommend that you go somewhere else as i had a ford explorer converted by Nathaniel Brace AKA DAI

the problems started after a week as Dai stated it takes 4 days to convert the 4x4 for what we wanted

that took 4 weeks
he never answers his phone after driving 150 miles to see the car to make sure it wasn't in a heap anywhere the only person who could get hold of him was the person at the GO KART TRACK where he works HE DOES NOT DO THIS FULL TIME (we only found out that he works at the go kart track as the address that he gave us is the go kart track) we dropped it off at the house. and he never once mentioned that he didn't have his own workshop and was doing this part time.

problem 2

one of the LPG tanks split on a weld (I Was a Welder For 6 years and still Coded now as its easier to keep the certification) and in all the time i have never heard of a micro X-rayed and uv tested weld Splitting.

problem 3 he can't be arsed to fit the new tank unless the car is in the air and dai doesn't have a lift for cars. and has to borrow one He Originally wanted to re-weld the tank (THIS IS A BIG NO NO) as its ILLEGAL but dai still wanted to weld it up until i asked for the ce number on the other thread which to this day i still don't have to check the tanks have been properly pressure tested.

YOU WILL NOT GET ANY CERTIFICATES to say the tanks are Certified

i will say in my opinion that if you value your car I would not take to classicswede

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Jun 4th, 2013 at 18:05.