View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 22:08   #6
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
the problems started after a week as Dai stated it takes 4 days to convert the 4x4 for what we wanted

that took 4 weeks
he never answers his phone after driving 150 miles to see the car to make sure it wasn't in a heap anywhere the only person who could get hold of him was the person at the GO KART TRACK where he works HE DOES NOT DO THIS FULL TIME (we only found out that he works at the go kart track as the address that he gave us is the go kart track) we dropped it off at the house. and he never once mentioned that he didn't have his own workshop and was doing this part time.

The car was booked in with a 1 week slot for a UNIQUE 1 off conversion as it was going to be a special conversion and far from the norm. This involved having a special petrol tank made. Once the car was with me and I was able to measure up some options there was no way that the petrol tank could be kept in its original location and fit a LPG combination that would give the 100ltr you needed. That made the conversion much more complicated. One of teh LPG tanks needed was an odd size and had to ordered from Poland (Poland is where most LPG tanks are made and the best brands are from - do an internet search - no need to take my word for it) and that would take a week to arrive.

Yes the job did take 4 weeks but no other installer in the UK would do the job you wanted.

problem 2

one of the LPG tanks split on a weld (I Was a Welder For 6 years and still Coded now as its easier to keep the certification) and in all the time i have never heard of a micro X-rayed and uv tested weld Splitting.

I can not be blamed for a tiny pin hole in the weld of an LPG tank. It took a while for the leak to show itself. The weld has not split.

problem 3 he can't be arsed to fit the new tank unless the car is in the air and dai doesn't have a lift for cars. and has to borrow one He Originally wanted to re-weld the tank (THIS IS A BIG NO NO) as its ILLEGAL but dai still wanted to weld it up until i asked for the ce number on the other thread which to this day i still don't have to check the tanks have been properly pressure tested.

The replacment tank has arrived today without the paper work you want. I could only find two places in the UK with the right tank. 1 could not be bothered to send it (on line supplier that I would rather not use) and the 2nd MINT LPG (used to Autogas world wide) had the right tank but have not sent the paper work. There is no real need for the paper work as the tank is stamped up but I will have to make sure they can supply it as you have the idea in your head that you have to have it. Try speaking to some other installers and see what they say about the tank paperwork.
Reply in Blue

Last edited by CTCNetwork; Aug 3rd, 2012 at 22:16. Reason: Corrected quote code.
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post: