View Single Post
Old Dec 22nd, 2018, 19:43   #9
kelvinp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
Feb 1990 GL 745 Facelift (B200F) .... front indicator lenses are unique, but can be sourced relatively easily; those made by 'DEPO' are the only quality ones to get. The only other difference you can't see in the pic is the word 'catalizer' on the tailgate, and a slightly modified back bumper shape. To the front end if you need to replace anything you have to find another similar as the wing shape/shut and light metalwork is unique as is the size of the grill. Bob.

Forgot the front headlight wiper blades are 5" not the regular 6" ones!!
I've got a 1990 745 (SE) and have nearly been caught out with the front indicators and the wiper blades, I guess that people don't realise that they are not all the same.

The only thing I've not quite worked out yet is what colour the bumpers should actually be, were they black when new or did they fade to/were grey from new?

Catalyser does sound posh, mine's the B200F auto and certainly won't set the world on fire, for fuel economy it's not much better than my 2.5 V6 MG, but wouldn't be without the usefulness of having an estate.
kelvinp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kelvinp For This Useful Post: