View Single Post
Old Jun 8th, 2018, 21:17   #3
MissSpentYouth

Thanks but I don't seem to be able to find the 'fix path' in VIDA whereabouts are they ?

I tried a different rail pressure sensor today made no difference.

Pretty sure my problem is related to fuel flow as if I put my foot down in a short space such as a car park it doesn't cut out even when I get up to full power as I have to instantly brake. However on the open road even at say half throttle once the power builds as the revs climb it cuts out at a much lower power output but longer duration.

My next plan is to hard wire the low pressure pump in the tank to run continuously. As I understand it it only comes on for 90 seconds when you start the car and then during peak loads ? could be wrong here.

I tried a delivery test on the fuel flow to the high pressure pump input when switching on the ignition and I seemed to get a good amount of fuel through.
Oddly the injector leak off pipes connect to the low pressure fuel flow pipe rather than the return pipe as you would expect, the return pipe comes out of the high pressure pump and is joined by a pipe from the fuel rail controlled by the rail pressure sensor before returning to the tank.

The value of the fuel control valve signal drops to about 15% under full load and I think this is the threshold value for the ECM to switch it off, I tried another car and it only dropped to 30%. Quite why mine is so low is a mystery to me ?

Any help much appreciated as I am stumped on this one
MissSpentYouth is offline   Reply With Quote