View Single Post
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 22:26   #5
MissSpentYouth

Just thought I should close this one out for anyone with the same problem in the future.

Problem was caused by a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor likely contaminated by the metal bits coming out of the high pressure pump when it failed.

I mentioned above that I had tried the rail pressure sensor already and it made no difference, that was the rail fuel pressure control valve on the gearbox end of the rail. The pressure sensor is on the cam belt end Doh!

It was reading low so due to the closed loop nature of the system the high pressure pump was having to over pressurise the rail to get the desired pressure reading from the faulty sensor.

When you put your foot down the high pressure pump could not sustain this high pressure at higher flow rates so a delta between nominal fuel pressure and actual fuel pressure stated to appear.

Once this delta exceeded a threshold the ECM shuts down the fuel pressure using the fuel volume control valve. resulting in complete loss of power.

The error messages from VIDA were very unhelpful in diagnosing this problem. Something like Nominal to Actual fuel pressure threshold exceeded would have been much better.

Last edited by MissSpentYouth; Jun 19th, 2018 at 22:29.
MissSpentYouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissSpentYouth For This Useful Post: