View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2018, 08:19   #1370
Longhouse21
Master Member

Car just passed MOT with no advisories yesterday (except for the note that plastic sill covers are fitted) after a fail on Monday. Handbrake failed on the Monday test - cable on off side pulled through the retaining lugs on the expander. Glad that happened on the test bed and not on a hill! Wouldn't mind too much but I'd only checked everything over the weekend including adjusting the handbrake to 5 clicks.
A quick re-build and check of both sides on Monday evening and back in for the test Tuesday morning.
On the retest, I was complemented on how good the handbrake was. Should be, I rebuilt it a few years ago with all new springs, shoes, cables, expanders and yes, I did fit the adjusters in place of the H bar.
Got treated to a full clean, hand polish with Autoglym SRP & High Gloss finish and all plastics treated with Autoglym plastic & bumper trim.
Need to get the aircon sorted & wheels re-finished now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Longhouse21 For This Useful Post: