View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2020, 23:28   #1
Vdx

Default Repeatedly storing DPF blocked code but no message on DIM

I have a 2010 C30 1.6 Drive D4164T intermittently storing 2A40 'particulate trap blocked' but no message appears on the DIM. When I check the freeze frame it is always at low engine load, low speed and the trap pressure is reported at ~74mbar or something ridiculous like that. Never caught it doing this on the live data, at idle is normally 2-5mbar.

Car was bought in Dec last year from a Volvo garage (albeit one owned by a chain of car supermarkets), had done ~60k miles and is now on aprox ~71K. In Jan DPF sensor and pressure pipes replaced under used car warranty after a split hose put it into limp mode. Genuine parts used. Visually the sensor looks fine, pipes on tight and no signs of water ingress. Warranty was 3 months, now long expired in case you are wondering why I haven't taken it back for this.

Only other fault code is intermittent 'low beam left faulty signal' in the CEM. Has been doing this since I bought it. When this occurs a message appears in the DIM but the beam itself doesn't cut out. Dealer fitted new bulb, no change.

After having the car for a bit and driving some diesels with similar power I feel it very sluggish but it is my first car so not much to compare with. When It was back at the dealer for warranty work I mentioned the performance but was told multiple people had driven it and felt it was performing normally. No other fault codes so took their word for it but remain skeptical hence why I plug the scanner in every now and then. No decrease from its usual very low levels of performance since it started storing the DPF blocked code.

Any ideas much appreciated, cheers. Pics of freeze frame attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DPF1.jpg (65.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DPF2.jpg (65.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DPF3.jpg (55.8 KB, 17 views)
Vdx is offline   Reply With Quote