Thread: S80: General - Flexifuel T5
View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2020, 22:53   #3
steventc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg55 View Post
Hi Steve, unfortunately there is no such CNG model (in fact there are generally no CNG passenger cars on the UK roads as there is no CNG infrastructure as yet). The flex-fuel refers to the ability to run on E85 ethanol but again this isn't available at the pumps here in the UK (please correct me if I'm wrong anyone?)
Hi Ferg,

Thanks for the reply.

I have just bought an S80 Flexifuel T5 2009 MY which uses Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) as opposed to LPG as part of the fuel system. It is being delivered next week. CNG gas is available at Reading Bus Station for the general public. I know they are not common but S80's with the CNG fuel do exist. I just wondered how it switches from Gas to Petrol as I have not been in the car yet. The V70 was also available with CNG as below. It will be interesting to see how it peforms.

With the V70 Bi-Fuel[42][43] Volvo continued[44] to offer a factory compressed natural gas (CNG)[45] powered car. A 95-litre (25 US gal) tank[46] installed in the trunk[47] allowed for a claimed range of 250 km (155 mi)[48] running on CNG only.[49] Due to the bulky tank, rear cargo space was reduced considerably.
steventc is offline   Reply With Quote