Thread: Amazon: - Coolant Leak- top hose
View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2019, 20:22   #7
gothamus

Default Not too bad

I think we can get home so long as we work to reduce the amount of time sitting in back to back traffic. I drove 10 miles with a good chunk at 55 mph. I wouldn’t know there is a problem. Looking at the area there is some leakage. Most of which evaporated quickly in that heat. The pump and thermostat is cycling fluid I to radiator as I see the temp drop at times you would most notice, such as on take off after being parked and increases in rpm at in changing driving conditions. Looking close in the sun I can now make out a hairline crack on the rear carb side of housing. At least that explains what failed. Better than
Imaginations will come up with.

I got JB Weld for thermostat supposed to withstand heat and fluids up to 500 degrees. I threw in an emergency rad repair gunk as a helpful palliative on the road. (For me in the first rush of adrenaline and fear). Extra coolant in the trunk and all hands on deck know not to freak if steam starts pouring from the
Engine bay.

At home I have an old housing for b20 and b18. Others pop up for cheap on eBay.

Thanks to this I discovered I’m missing a bolt and busing from the bottom of my front right shock. How the heck did a nylock nut go away? And recent, too. No spare bushing with me but I have correct nut and variety of washers. This should avoid the shock jumping up and out of wishbone. The bushing inside is correctly positioned. Missed NAPA by 5 minutes! Closing at 2 pm on Saturday. In the countryside?! In my day the rural boys wouldn’t tolerate that. At 49 I’m allowed to make up false histories, right? Too soon?
gothamus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gothamus For This Useful Post: