View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2019, 20:22   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon J View Post
My V50 has a 13 pin Volvo cable harness complete with trailer module and software update. My trailer has just a seven pin 12N plug so I've been using an adapter and all has worked fine. But I had also checked that pin 9 (permanent live) and pin 10 (ignition switched live) worked as I planned to use them in due course.

I have now started on converting the trailer to 13 pin and made up a new cable with a Menber 13 pin plug and proper 8x1.5mm2 and 5x2.5mm2 cable. Before wiring it into the junction box on the trailer I connected it to the socket on the car just to make sure everything worked and ... no power to either pin 9 or pin 10. As I had removed the old 7 pin plug and wiring, I checked the light circuits using a multi meter and all seem to be fine, apart from pins 9 and 10. I checked the continuity of the grey and orange wires (pins 10 and 9 respectively) from the pin to the end of the cable and they are fine. I likewise double checked that I had them in the correct position, which I have. I also checked the socket and it isn't live on pins 9 and 10.

I checked the 40amp fuse and it seems to be fine.

So where have I lost the power and how to fix it?
Have the pins 9 and 10 ever worked ? did you fit a NEW trailer module and have the software loaded ?