View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2023, 17:28   #8
welshdruid

Default Dash Cam latest (from VOLVO UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
Short answer: No

Long answer: Yes. But you need to work in the Volvo design labs and alter the firmware code and the hardware to tap into the video signals and feed them digitally to some storage mechanism. Doable if you can purchase yourself a volvo design lab, all the hardware and the engineers, and get them to work for you. You'll need a few hundred million GBP.

Or you just buy a 50 GBP dashcam.
I have recently taken ownership of a XC40 T3 MHEV after part exchanging my Mercedes A250. I too asked about a Volvo approved dash cam as I did not want to invalidate my 3 year warranty. Local dealer said that they were no longer in a position to obtain one as the approved version had been removed from the catalogue. The next generation is due out towards end of June apparently. This is largely confirmed by Volvo UK who also re-iterated that if I chose to go to a 3rd party it may invalidate the 3 year warranty so I guess I'll have to be patient. In relation to the Mercedes, it had a similar front safety camera to the Volvo and for a one off payment of £300 they could flick on the switch to allow that to become a dash cam.
Come on Volvo it can't be difficult and you are missing out on money here. If anyone has other relevant information re dash cams for the XC40 please let me know as I would like to have one fitted. TAVM
welshdruid is offline   Reply With Quote