Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 10:25   #2063
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
You mean the Virgo wheels? I'm not getting rid of them, they will be my summer tyre wheels and I'll change back to them April-November every year.

I like the Virgo wheels as well, what I'm doing should make them last the life of the car (and me).

Alan
My tastes differ slightly, i would use the Virgo wheels for winter and the Pholus for summer. Also in the winter when the roads are covered in the sticky black mud from the beet campaign, the dirt won't show so much on the anthracite coloured Virgos as it will on the bright, shiny Pholus wheels.

Notwithstanding that opinion, i have always felt brighter/lighter wheels suit darker body colours and darker wheels suit lighter/brighter body colours. It's probably my liking for contrasting but complimentary finishes. In the winter it's usually more difficult to see things like that because everything is filthy so the summer choice for me (when you can get things clean and keep them that way for a reasonable time) would be the Pholus.

As John said a few posts up, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it's whatever floats your boat - Barge even!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: