View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2017, 11:43   #229
827Roverman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv70 View Post
Hi 827 Roverman,i can understand your frustration with your excellent driving history,I also live in Chadderton [unfortunately for insurance purposes anyway] my driving record is also very good,54 years old,never claimed since 17,never had any attempted thefts/vandalism at this property for the last 40 plus years,off road parking,if the likes of us can't even get a quote,then it tells us that company is not worth contacting again.When they say it's all about assessing risk then it seems they are just playing the postcode lottery and totally dismissing the drivers record which is ludicrous,which probably means they will give a quote to someone with a bad record-ie accidents/claims,who lives in a [nice area postcode]It is about time the insurance companies assessed drivers more on driving record than postcode,but i suppose it's in their financial interest to tar everyone with the same brush,instead of punishing multiple claimants,and rewarding non claimants.
I fully agree with what your saying, I for one won't bother contacting them again, and reading some of the other post's other club members are of the same opinion, perhaps its about time the VOC looked into this problem and found a company that will offer ALL members insurance, or at least a quote, another thing that annoys me is when asking to get classic car insurance, is that some companies will only offer you classic insurance if you have a second car, (must be nice to afford two) they will then offer you very low cost insurance on your classic on limited mileage which could be from 3000 to 10,000 per year, so in your second (classic car) you could do say 5000 per year on cheap insurance, but if like me you have just the one car which I consider to be a classic at 21 years old doing a max of 3000 per year you struggle to get the cheaper classic insurance. David.
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote