Thread: Tpms
View Single Post
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 09:13   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotia64 View Post
another question for you guys, while towing our caravan yesterday down the M6 the TPMS light came on . I had increased the tyre pressure the day before to the required 39psi for towing. I checked the TPMS screen and all the tyres were amber. I just carried on as there was no way all four tyres were low.
I got in the car this morning and the TPMS symbol is still there but there’s now a very faint beep every 10 seconds or so . Are they both related?
I’ll check the tyre pressure latter once they have cooled down.
I have had this happen to me once, after a motorway run at the eco setting, I am sure it was just the pressure increasing slightly over the TPMS trigger point due to tyres heating up, I had just had new tyres fitted and had set the tyre pressures to eco pressure just prior to that trip. It was a very hot day though.
I checked them at the end of that trip and they were ~42 psi, after adjusting the pressure when cold and recalibrating the TPMS all was well. I did not get a beeping noise though.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post: