View Single Post
Old Sep 8th, 2018, 17:32   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by one black hat View Post
Hi all, I recently purchased a 2004 V50, 2.4 petrol, geartronic with 128000 miles on it. seemed like a good car, first 300 miles of driving it was a pleasure, no issues at all.
Last Sunday the wife used it and said it stalled 3 times as soon as she put it into 'drive', 4th time it was ok and she did a 60 mile trip with no further problems.
Monday morning, I set out for work, first 2 miles fine, then it splutters to a halt and shuts down. Started immediately but spluttering, like it wasn't getting enough fuel, this lasted about 30 seconds then recovered and drove back home like nothing had happened.
Although the engine management light didn't come on I decided to check for codes, plugged in my cheap and cheerful code reader which got half way through the scan and gave up. Tried again 3 more times but with no joy, however this attempted scan seemed to have upset the car somehow and the engine management light was now on.
Took the car to my trusted mot man who has a much better scanner and it produced a very impressive list of faults, however, top of this list was air flow meter, maf and fuel pressure sensor.
My question is, are there any known/common issues that would make sense to try to eliminate before I start buying parts to try and cure the problem.
Many thanks
Mike
fuel pressure sensor was an issue on those if the codes are to be believed , as above get a proper read out … Airmass meters rarely ever fail ..Their code is due to unexpected airflow readings due to some other component failing ..