View Single Post
Old Oct 7th, 2019, 20:30   #39
AndyV7o
Premier Member

Itll be odd! The winter axle will be drifty in the dry, the cc axle drifty in the snow.
You would be better fitting the winter to the rear, it will prevent the car spinning going downhill on snow/ice but you will be astonished how competent the CC are.
Always fit the least grippy tyres to the front so you can sense loss of adhesion through the steering wheel before the rear loses it.
If you are a competent, accomplished driver, youll know whats going off regardless, but one can only ever advise in regard to safety.
(I used to have all season tyres on rear of my car and swap winter/summer on front, but it isnt adviseable to anyone else. It worked for me as it altered the handling positively by making the rear have more movement, given that the car had a strong understeer tendency, yet the all season was better in snow than the winters to the point I couldn't break it loose with handbrake... Anyway, I digress...)
So in short, CC on front, winter on back, will be great in snow and the safe option, yet you'd have to drive bloody hard to lose the back in the dry, youll just get more oversteer in general.
AndyV7o is offline   Reply With Quote