Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seriously?

Views : 932338

Replies : 6612

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Today, 13:18   #6611
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 940 View Post
😀😀Immediately on seeing the photos, the eye was drawn to the ‘headroom’, just needs roof and some nice reinforced concrete for your 2 poster 👍👍😀

Cheers
Steve
Now then... that is an idea I hadn't considered! There is electrical power only 4' away in the garage so maybe that would be a way to go?

I'm having the single garage extended into a double and toying with the idea of some other structure (large workshop shed or single garage) in the back garden (so the car port would become a drive through). If I do all that it would give me 3 garages, a well found carport and hard standing for 4 or 5 cars/trailers. Having a 2 poster in one of them would be a luxury.

Last edited by Othen; Today at 13:23.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 13:50   #6612
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

If you're thinking along those lines Alan, what about a portable (i use the word loosely) floor mount scissor lift?

https://www.twinbusch.co.uk/Scissor-...-lift::13.html

Something along those lines, not necessarily that one. Probably cheaper than a permanently installed 2-post lift and IMHO, much safer.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 14:06   #6613
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
If you're thinking along those lines Alan, what about a portable (i use the word loosely) floor mount scissor lift?

https://www.twinbusch.co.uk/Scissor-...-lift::13.html

Something along those lines, not necessarily that one. Probably cheaper than a permanently installed 2-post lift and IMHO, much safer.
That is very interesting also Dave - I'd forgotten about scissor jacks. It would have a huge advantage in that I could move it (at a pinch) between any of the 3 garages - or even the car port if I bothered concreting the floor (I'm slightly loath to do that - storing classic motorcars over gravel in pretty sensible). Two grand seems a pretty sensible amount to invest in a car jack - and a great deal less that it would cost to install a 2 poster permanently.

I have two builders looking at extending the single garage, and would hope to have that work done by the end of September (maybe then acquire Delores and finish off the last few jobs as my winter project?). The roof height in that double garage will necessarily be quite low (I want it to blend in with the original so as not to upset my neighbours or the council). If I build another garage/workshop in the back garden (accessed via the carport) then I could make that with a higher roofline to make a jack more practical. I suppose that project could happen any time once the carport is complete (which will be by this weekend).

What started off as a holiday house here in 'Vegas is allowing me to indulge in many motorcar/motorcycle whims... which is quite fun.