Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Audio System Help - Please

Views : 1244

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 4th, 2015, 10:16   #1
TerryCarlisle

Default Audio System Help - Please

Hi All,

I hope you are well.

A little about my self, i have just recently purchased my first Volvo. Its a C30 2010 model R-Design.

I am very happy with the car so far.

However i have spent hours and hours looking around the internet and i am very confused and stuck on the best way to resolve my issue.

The CD system is very standard. It only has AM/FM button the CD and blutooth (However it will not play music via Blutooth - Which is very very annoying).

I am looking at the best way to either stream via Bluetooth. Or add some aux/usb Function? Even Dab at a push.

Ideally - I would love to add it to the standard system even if it cost a little more (Can this be done?)

If not what are the best options? FM transmitters are not great.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.
TerryCarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 11:00   #2
iainmd

Your options are limited. The addition of Bluetooth deleted the Aux in that would have given you more options. You can't have both with the standard Volvo system.

An FM modulator directly in line with the antenna system might be your only option other than a Dension or Parrot type system.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 11:07   #3
TerryCarlisle

Hi,

Thank you for the message.

Okay - So FM transmitter type system is the only real option?

Could i remove blutooth and add aux or is it not possible to go back like that?

Also is there anyway i can update the software to maybe play music via blutooth or use some add on?
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 11:22   #4
JonnyBigWheels

A daft question maybe, are you using an android type phone as a bluetooth device did you check the manual for how to pair the 2?
Found this, maybe helpfull? http://www.manualslib.com/manual/533....html?page=276
it does add that only a selection of mobile phones are fully compatible with the hands free function.Volvo recommends that you seek assistance from an authorised Volvo dealer or visit www.volvocars.com for information on compatible phones.

Last edited by JonnyBigWheels; Sep 4th, 2015 at 11:26.
JonnyBigWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 11:35   #5
TerryCarlisle

Hi,

Thank you.

I am using android and i also have apple.

I can connect both no issues and take / make calls. I just cant in anyway play music?

Is this feature supposed to work.

Thank you
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 13:40   #6
Missing Lincs
Premier Member

From the information I've seen, it looks like the Volvo Bluetooth solution is actually a basic Parrot unit - assuming it was supplied by Volvo.

With a little adaptation I can't see why you couldn't fit another Parrot unit that supports Bluetooth audio as well as telephone. The Parrot units I've seen that also support Bluetooth audio have a small controller with a screen that you'd have to accommodate somewhere on the dash.

Another alternative is the Bluepower replacement HU, this is more costly and as yet nobody that I'm aware of has an actual unit. If it does everything that Bluepower claim you get Bluetooth audio and phone plus sat nav and a host of other features including a bigger screen which is touch sensitive.
Missing Lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 17:04   #7
TerryCarlisle

Hi Missing Lincs

Thank you for the information.

Is there anywhere i can find more about the full replacment system cost etc?

Also if i went the parrot route is there any known guide on how to do, as i would be happy to do this?

Thank you
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 18:11   #8
bounce

Hi, when I purchased my 2011 C30 4 years ago it had the standard bluetooth hands free, the dealer then fitted a Volvo iPod & usb lead to the unit & he told me this was connected to the multi CD connection.
Maybe this would be the way to go?
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 18:28   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryCarlisle View Post
Hi All,

I hope you are well.

A little about my self, i have just recently purchased my first Volvo. Its a C30 2010 model R-Design.

I am very happy with the car so far.

However i have spent hours and hours looking around the internet and i am very confused and stuck on the best way to resolve my issue.

The CD system is very standard. It only has AM/FM button the CD and blutooth (However it will not play music via Blutooth - Which is very very annoying).

I am looking at the best way to either stream via Bluetooth. Or add some aux/usb Function? Even Dab at a push.

Ideally - I would love to add it to the standard system even if it cost a little more (Can this be done?)

If not what are the best options? FM transmitters are not great.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.
reading the above your best option is the PURE DAB 300Di unit which gives a really good DAB radio and a USB connection for playing songs on USB stick and an AUX socket and i-Pod operation through the USB .. about £290 fitted from a volvo dealer ,the signal is "injected" into the aerial lead and you pick it up on a FM channel , or it can be plugged into your AUX socket if you have one . Sound quality is very good . The control panel is very neat with an O-LED display .
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 20:09   #10
Missing Lincs
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryCarlisle View Post
Is there anywhere i can find more about the full replacment system cost etc?
More details and price here. It looks good, but as I said above, I don't think they are actually ready yet so you would be pre-ordering.
Missing Lincs is offline   Reply With Quote