Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

HGP 847C Blue Saloon

Views : 1008

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 20th, 2017, 11:20   #1
omc 47
VOC Member

Default HGP 847C Blue Saloon

Hi all,
has anyone out there come across or owned HGP 847C. A Blue 4 door Amazon that has a twin carb conversion, just wondered if anyone has any history........many thanks in anticipation. Andy
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2017, 21:37   #2
Dec

The car was owned by my dad, the late Tony Burke, up until about 1990. He owned it before his show car KBY 422D, which was well known on the show scene and to the VOC. I don't know much else about the car I'm afraid, I was only a nipper when dad owned it..... yep that's me in the back. The photo was taken in Ireland.

Cheers,
Declan Burke

Dec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dec For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 20th, 2017, 21:41   #3
Tint

Being nosey Andy I know but have you bought the car or looking to do so.
My goodness Declan bet that was a surprise seeing your dad's old car mentioned, great you put up a picture for us all to see.
Tint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tint For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 20th, 2017, 23:27   #4
omc 47
VOC Member

Declan thanks for the response,it is a credit to all that so much info and camaraderie comes from a tentative enquiry and yes Tint I have shown recent interest in purchasing this car and wondered if anyone could help.
Old Apr 21st, 2017, 09:54   #5
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by omc 47 View Post
Declan thanks for the response,it is a credit to all that so much info and camaraderie comes from a tentative enquiry and yes Tint I have shown recent interest in purchasing this car and wondered if anyone could help.
I could be wrong but I'm sure I have seen this car in Amazonia's yard with Brian gue but it's just a hunch at this stage that you may wish to follow up on if no other Leeds .
He's dealt with no end of amazons so would be good to enquire he may know more .
He's in the driver magazine advertised

Hope It helps

Kind regards
Robert.w

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 21st, 2017, 12:15   #6
omc 47
VOC Member

Hi Robert,
thanks for the lead but unfortunately Brian can't recall having the car in his workshop, it's only done 3 odd thousand miles in 10 years and has stood on a drive for the last year and will need trailering away.
If it's anywhere near decent I will buy it and do the neccessary work, headlight tops rotten, wheelarch repair and reinstate as a daily driver. It's a balancing act as I've got a potentially nice 2 door that I'm keen to get on the road BUT purchasing another Ammo' means I will need to sell one of my 940 estates which will need an Mot before sale and I was keeping for standby/spares. Why do we all collect Volvos like a Magpie in it's nest...............!! ??
The Following User Says Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2017, 19:37   #7
omc 47
VOC Member

I went to see the car yesterday, it's on ebay and is worth a look, John & his wife are lovely folk and after a cup of tea I had the opportunity with the aid of a torch to inspect the vulnerable areas of an Amazon.
It's had new inner wings at some point which still seem ok, tops of the headlights are crusting but only need a couple of neat patches and I believe headlight bowls to be plastic, underneath looks good with no visible rust and the diff & gearbox & engine look clean and not oily.
The boot is cleaner than a lot I've seen but a pair of lower quarter panels would enhance the car in the next year or two.The interior is quite presentable although the dash has the usual cracks. Although not drivable due to no MOT the engine is lively and starts and runs well. The last 10 MOT's have all been passes and it has done less than 4 thousand miles in that time.
The windscreen rubbers back and front need renewing as they are old and would give one the chance to rectify the small bubbles on the top of the screen which need attention.
With a little TLC this car would soon be back on the road and I have to say I was tempted but I must stick to getting mine back on the road. But don't be too cautious this is a presentable car that will polish up well and also John deserves to see this car go to a good home the only drawback being it will need trailering away..................good luck all

Andy

Last edited by omc 47; Apr 23rd, 2017 at 19:39.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post: