Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rare centre front armrest in tan FS

Views : 1523

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 22:41   #1
wooble
Stay gold baby!

Default Rare centre front armrest in tan FS

I've recently replaced the front sets in my 240 with Alfa 156 seats, which have an integrated centre armrest. So, my rare accessory front armrest is up for sale.

It bolts down to the front seatbelt mounting bolts and the handbrake console securing screws, and folds up out of the way when not needed. It makes the car much nicer to drive on the motorway as you can rest your elbow on the armrest while you steer. It's tan in colour, vinyl on the bottom and sides, and a plush velour material on top. I had it with tan leather seats though, and it didn't look out of place. I sourced it from California so it's suffered some sun damage over the years, the vinyl part of the armrest has started to take on a greenish hue on the parts which get the most sun! It's a lot more noticeable out of the car than in, but I was quoted £35 to have the armrest re-covered in matching leather at a local trim shop. The cover can be easily unzipped and removed for cleaning or replacement, and there is a US ebay seller who sells replacement covers, although only in black leather. The aluminium legs also have a fair few scratches and marks on them, although these are hidden when the armrest is installed.

You never see these in the UK, and importing them from the US is costly, so I'd like to ask £50 OBO including post anywhere in the UK for it.

wooble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 20:04   #2
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

£50 is a cracking bargain, mine cost double that plus postage and then customs charges.....worth buyin and recovering yourself
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 21:36   #3
magicbusdriver

Default Your armrest

Are you open to an offer of £40 ?

Simon
magicbusdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:01   #4
ALLOA
Master Member

Hi! Did you ever sell the arm rest?

Thanks

Scott
ALLOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 22:37   #5
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLOA View Post
Hi! Did you ever sell the arm rest?

Thanks

Scott
Hi. I've opened discussions about buying it. I understand wooble is away for the moment.

Regards - Stephen
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 05:51   #6
skidje
Master Member

Wooble, what is the difference in size from this front arm rest to the one in tHe rear? Looks as if the rear one needs a bracket and it will be pritty similar to the design of the front one?

I do however realize that the original rare front ones are indeed rare. And if yours would have been black it would have been on it's way already. On the other hand. I have a new original black one with the cupholders (still packed). But you model looks more comfortable!

Can anyone confirm this?
skidje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:39   #7
Derek UK
VOC Member

I've read, on BB, that these are fitted using a bracket/plate that fits across the tunnel to give them support and stability. Not unusual I guess if these plates get left behind when the arm rest is nicked from a car in the scrappy/pick 'n pull. A pic of this plate would be useful.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 12:23   #8
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

these arm reast are fitted using the seat belt mounts on the centre tunnel,remove seat belt bolts from the floor and slip in the arm rest legs and rebolt... the rear arm rest is a completely different fitting and is desicgned to fold up but also the rear arm rest mounts in a different y and a pain to try to make them fit the front....as for the clour well thats easily sorted as the material is just zipped on and can be removed and maybe died or have an upholster make you one ;-)
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 13:50   #9
Angie
Premier Member

Has anyone tried fitting one of these: http://www.conrad-uk.com/ce/en/produ...Armrest-Carbon ? It looks as if one could fit in reasonably unobtrusively with the car's style. It would be good to have the genuine article but they all seem to be in the USA and prohibitively expensive - there's a lovely blue velour one on Ebay now but to get it in the UK would be nearly £100!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 14:02   #10
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidje View Post
Wooble, what is the difference in size from this front arm rest to the one in tHe rear? Looks as if the rear one needs a bracket and it will be pritty similar to the design of the front one?

I do however realize that the original rare front ones are indeed rare. And if yours would have been black it would have been on it's way already. On the other hand. I have a new original black one with the cupholders (still packed). But you model looks more comfortable!

Can anyone confirm this?
heres a brand new black cover for it.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-240-...item1e6905d729