Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My V60 has gone to the dealership in the sky :-(

Views : 948

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 25th, 2014, 17:30   #1
harvsurrey

Default My V60 has gone to the dealership in the sky :-(

Some of you may remember the write up i Did at 6 months 18k in on my D4 bus edition (plus toys)

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=186764

Unfortunately, it is no longer due to being in a major shunt on the M23.

3 cars into the back of it lifting the rear off the ground and causing me to virtually have no brakes and plough into the stationary car in front , all finished off with a sideswipe from a 40ton hgv who had nowhere to go .......

18.5k in damage, but both myself and the wife walked away without a scratch, no airbags deployed but the car took all the impact. 20 years ago we would have left in an ambulance.

So with the new Class on my radar for a company hack ,along with A4 , 3 series etc , what have i done !!

Well they made the D4 better , so i ordered another one

this time not silver (2 major shunts and both been silver cars, the previous one being a head on with a drunk driver) so

D4 Business edition in Power Blue
Beige leather (i found the black a dire place to be)
TFT
Winter pack
17" Pandoras (which i notice the width has been reduced on the D4 models )
auto wipers (anoying that if you have the winter pack which is useful you have to have auto wipers for more money , which clearly are not usefull. If you can't turn your own wipers on then god help you)

so thats pretty much it.

Got my towbar back off the old V60 as it wasn't damaged, but alas there is one drawback

Why oh why is there such a long wait for D4's ?

Last edited by harvsurrey; Jul 25th, 2014 at 18:36.
harvsurrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2014, 17:59   #2
Spitfire4
Master Member

Sorry to gear about your mishap but pleased you're all okay.
Spitfire4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2014, 18:21   #3
bobarctor

Likewise glad to hear the only damage is to metal. And as for the D4 wait, it's because we've all ordered those engines for our XC60s as well
Old Jul 25th, 2014, 19:26   #4
Arianne
Premier Member

Very sorry to hear of the accident but reassuring to read that you guys walked away unscathed.

The new D4 engine isn't perfect but it's proving to be a very flexible unit in our XC60. Worth the wait.

Best wishes and I hope the two of you are fine emotionally as these things can take their toll for a while.

Arianne
Old Jul 25th, 2014, 20:19   #5
Crockers
Premier Member

Glad you're both OK....a fine testament to Volvos safety....good choice to stay within the fold.
Old Jul 25th, 2014, 23:35   #6
Bongobobby

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad no one was seriously injured.

What date have you been given for your new one?
Bongobobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2014, 23:42   #7
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvsurrey View Post
Some of you may remember the write up i Did at 6 months 18k in on my D4 bus edition (plus toys)

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=186764

Unfortunately, it is no longer due to being in a major shunt on the M23.

3 cars into the back of it lifting the rear off the ground and causing me to virtually have no brakes and plough into the stationary car in front , all finished off with a sideswipe from a 40ton hgv who had nowhere to go .......
Great to hear you are both safe, testimony to the key feature of a Volvo. I was hit many years ago from the rear when stationary on the M25 which wrote off a 3 month old £35,000 Mercedes 7.5 Tonne van - damage to my 850 was a new rear bumper & associated crash absorber bars. That is why I am now Volvo for life....
Did you get any photo's of the reshaped car, it would be great to se just how safe a Volvo body shell is in a crash.
Old Jul 25th, 2014, 23:49   #8
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

@harvsurrey, glad you and family are ok, shame about to car but that is easily replaced.
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 13:30   #9
harvsurrey

will get some pics up at some point this weekend .....

just for peoples peace of mind , but those NCAP 5 stars are well deserved.
harvsurrey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harvsurrey For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 27th, 2014, 00:03   #10
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Good to hear the motor rightly sacrificed itself for your better good health!