Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Scottish Section Club Stickers

Views : 2935

Replies : 45

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 12th, 2007, 17:41   #1
locky2306

Currently I'm looking at getting some Scottish Section, club stickers made up, to promote the section North of the Border.

I have came up with a rough idea of how it's going to look, obviously it will look better when tweeked. The theme will follow the current VOC design and size to keep it uniform, just with additional "Scottish Section" and phone number printed onto them.

The reason for the phone number? well, this is basically to make it easy for prospective members to get in touch who do not have internet access. I came to this decision after looking at the number of Scottish members who do not use the internet, which is quite a high proportion.

Let me know what you think, and weather you would be willing to have one. I will be discussing it with the sign writers this week. They will be "static cling" so they can be removed easily.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img015.jpg (124.4 KB, 45 views)
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 17:45   #2
DeeJay
VOC Member

Default Scottish Section Club stickers

Locky,

A good idea, stick (ha, ha!) me down for one!

DeeJay
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 18:48   #3
kev240
Master Member

Smile

Put me down for four please, one for each car + one 'spare'
Thank you,
Kevin

Last edited by kev240; Aug 12th, 2007 at 20:15. Reason: wrong total requested
kev240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 19:33   #4
Mark480
Loser

Why the need for a scottish section? As long as it's a Volvo what does it matter where you are?
Mark480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 19:43   #5
weestar

theirs no need really but seeing as locky is having one made for himself he thought it would be nice to ask if anyone else wanted one too, and it doesnt matter about the flag we just wanted the scottish flag seeing as were in scotland no one needs to get one were just offering
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 20:37   #6
nick_ovlov
VOC20556

Talking stickers

hi Locky,
i'll have two please, one for each car and don't need a spare(hopefully wont lose either) i take it there will be a small cost for this? just wondering how much

thanks, Nick.
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 20:41   #7
weestar

dont have a price yet taking it to the shop tomorrow morning so should have full details very soon
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 21:16   #8
scottishvolvo
Premier Member

2 for me Locky/Weestar.
Thank you
2014 V40 Cross Country
Please consider registering with the Anthony Nolan Trust, you could save a life.
scottishvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 23:05   #9
DarrenK
Jävla Volvo Förare!

I'm not Scottish nor will I need any of the stickers in question, but I thought I'd let you know what I think.

I think you have too much information in the sticker! It emphasises as if you’re breaking away and/or setting up a new club. Instead of squeezing too much information together on one sticker you could just make it simple and bold. All you really need is the web address too; how many people other that OAPs do you know without the internet or without some form of access to it?

Check out the design I’ve attached – The club logo with a Scottish flag background will catch the attention of an on-looker, then they’ll see the web address below.

The advantage to this is, if England, Wales, Ireland, USA or where-ever wanted to support there area, the same design can be used except with a different flag background.

I hope you don’t mind my constructive criticism. Just to note, you should make sure you have approval to use the club badge before using it, especially if it’s not for personal use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scottish Section.jpg (18.0 KB, 11 views)
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 23:08   #10
Mike1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk¹ View Post
I'm not Scottish nor will I need any of the stickers in question, but I thought I'd let you know what I think.

I think you have too much information in the sticker! It emphasises as if you’re breaking away and/or setting up a new club. Instead of squeezing too much information together on one sticker you could just make it simple and bold. All you really need is the web address too; how many people other that OAPs do you know without the internet or without some form of access to it?

Check out the design I’ve attached – The club logo with a Scottish flag background will catch the attention of an on-looker, then they’ll see the web address below.

The advantage to this is, if England, Wales, Ireland, USA or where-ever wanted to support there area, the same design can be used except with a different flag background.

I hope you don’t mind my constructive criticism. Just to note, you should make sure you have approval to use the club badge before using it, especially if it’s not for personal use.
That would be a great idea as im sure welsh owners like myself , plus other members in other parts would like the look of the flag corresponing to their country .
Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote