Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Washer bottle leaking?

Views : 2117

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2009, 10:16   #1
dannynic

Default Washer bottle leaking?

I have collected my 15 month old V70 last week and not really that impressed with the dealer to be honest. Seemed interested and helpful until I placed a deposit and then like he couldn't be bothered. Anyway thats not the cars fault. But I do have a problem in that when I fill up the washer bottle I get water running out the bottom of the car before it gets anywhere near the top. Is this normal or have I got a cracked washer bottle. Wondered if there may be some kind of overflow. I fill with a funnel so its not leaking past as I fill and running down. It also has a problem in the fact it pulls to the left. To have the car travel down the road straight you need to have the steering wheel turned slightly to the right. Dealer is going to check buts seems to think this is normal, Anybody any idea's. Any help or ideas on any of these problems would be most appreciated. Thanks.
dannynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:10   #2
radiumrob

A small amount of fluid runs onto the ground when I fill the washer reservoir on my S80. I assumed that it was leakage from an overflow tube.

There is no perceptible pull or drift with the S80, although I have experienced this with other cars (not Volvo), and always to the left.
radiumrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:30   #3
Hinckley

In my findings pulling to the left is the norm, the S60 I had did and my 57 plate S80 does, my dad's old S80 does and my brother in laws 09 plate V70 2.0D does too, that said we had a C30 1.6D as a loaner and that didn't nor did my B-I-Laws old 06 plate XC90.

I had both my S60 and S80 back to the Stealers for adjustments and after a four wheel alighnments were still the same.

I've not noticed any leaks from the washer bottles appart from overfilling I would take it back for a check.

Finding a good dealer is hard but they can be found.

Cheers,
Pip
Last 2009 Merc CLS
Now 2004 S80 2.5T SE + Freelander! (BOGOF!)
Hinckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:47   #4
Andy Holden

I have just acquired a 57 plate V70. Last night I filled the washer bottle and had the same problem. A small but significant amount of water ran out just in front of the wheel arch. I plan to get it checked the next time it goes to my local dealer - Friday 15th May. I will report back.

Mine drives straight.

cheers,

Andy.
Andy Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 15:45   #5
retails80

I too have the same problem with fliud leaking after I fill the ww reservoir on my 08 s80. Dealer said this was normal but it doesn't make sense that each time you fill it you end up with fluid on the ground. Also, is anyone else having a problem with their rear view mirror not staying in a fixed position after adjustment? Mine seems to drift back to a central position.
retails80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 19:52   #6
jco

I have camber sensitivity and leaking bottle - at least it did leak once but doesnt always - I wonder if you have to fill slowly to avoid an air bubble blowing back. If you need to pretty easy to get at - just take off wheel and unscrew wheel arch sheild
In regard to camber sensitivity (see my post on 2nd May). You might want to check if the front wheels appear to be the same distance from the body - mine has about a smaller gap on the passenger side and I'm investigating if this might be adjustable in workshop. Also full wheel alignment check.
jco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 14:35   #7
dannynic

Thanks very much for the replies it gives me something to go by when it goes into the dealer next week.
dannynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 22:09   #8
Andy Holden

My car was at the dealer today - they checked the washer bottle and it apparently has a drain hole at the bottom of the filler tube - so they claim it works as designed !!! still seems strange to me - I may have a look myself.

Cheers,

Andy.
Andy Holden is offline   Reply With Quote