Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear Number Plate Lamp

Views : 599

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 15th, 2016, 13:08   #1
myutopia

Default Rear Number Plate Lamp

My MOT is due and as usual I decided to check the usual basics such as the bulbs. The ones on my rear reg plate had blown and I replaced them but noticed that they only came on when I flexed the boot loom at the point next to the strut where it enters the car body. I stripped it back and saw that almost all the wires were snapped except one of the two blue/brown wires, the other one about to go anyway .

I stripped and twisted the wires together and covered with electrical tape, but still the number plate lamps wont come on, I've tried to see if there could be a break elsewhere but still can't find a break.

I decided to check if perhaps I had wired cross wired the two blue brown wires by mistake the result was that the number plate bulbs and the boot light all lit but very dimly so I'm sure the wiring was correct and the issue is further back, but tracing it all the way back and even using a second hand loom the result is the same. The rear number plate bulb still will not come on.

Any suggestions as I don't think there is a fuse for this.

There is a black box that the loom connects into on the boot but I can't see it being that.
myutopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2016, 14:58   #2
myutopia

Angry being a dumba$$$ I didn'#t realise it had a fuse

OK.... I didn't think it was the fuse because there was nothing obviosly wrong but ,,, yup it was the fuse...

I swapped the 10amp positions lamp fuse with the 10am parking lamp fuse and presto.... it worked.....

Didn't seem obvious to me that the Positions lamp fuse was related to the number plate.... but there you go.

Off to get a few spare fuses.
myutopia is offline   Reply With Quote