Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 240 GL 1990

Views : 1043

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 19:44   #1
deluded

Default Volvo 240 GL 1990

For sale is my Volvo 240 GL Saloon. It's a 1990 G reg car.

Engine - 2.0l injection (non cat)
Milage - 158000 miles
Tax - 08/2010
MOT - 09/2010

Service history stamped upto 80k, then maintained and recorded by local garage upto 123k. Recently had a mini service by myself with new spark plugs, ht leads, air filter & distributor cap with receipts to prove. All original documents and books included. V5 present and current MOT certificate.

Very reliable car. Starts first time on the key and drives without fault. Pulls excellent in all gears, no juddering on the clutch or grinding into gears. Engine does not smoke.

Interior in very good condition. no wear or marks to seats. All trim in good condition. Original radio works (code present) with 4 speakers (all working). Electric windows, heated seats, power steering, central locking.

Exterior in very good condition. Few marks around the car inline with age. Some rust on the inner lip of passenger rear arch. No accident damage or dents. Very tidy looking car. Fitted with tow bar and electrics although I have never used it for towing.

Car has been used and is still being used as a daily driver so milage will increase. As said, excellent runner that has been 100% reliable. Recently been run from London to stoke on two occasions with no faults. Only selling due to needing an estate or hatch with a tall boot.

Notable "bad" points are that the "bulb out" warning light is on, yet no bulbs are blown. Exhaust rattles at 2500rpm. Exhaust is not blowing! One or two chips in windscreen which haven't got any worse during the time I have owned it. Drivers front tyre getting low but still legal. All others are good. Spare is also good. Fuel pump is noisy but works perfectly.

Other bits included (but not photographed) will be the original Volvo hub caps and original Volvo tailored footwell liners.

Looking for £650 but am open to sensible offers. I've seen far worse examples of these cars go for £500 without MOT and Tax.

deluded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2010, 12:16   #2
deluded

Just a bump for good measure... And a price drop too.

£575 ono. Need it gone as I have my eyes set on something.

6months TAX and MOT.
Old Mar 21st, 2010, 17:00   #3
deluded

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110510021910

Now on ebay. New photos in the auction.

OPEN TO OFFERS, WOULD PREFER TO MAKE DEAL OUTSIDE OF EBAY (cause its bloody expencive!)
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 21:51   #4
deluded

bump. again.

Last edited by deluded; Mar 22nd, 2010 at 21:56.
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 18:01   #5
deluded

Ok, didn't sell on ebay.

£500 ono. best offer gets it. Want it gone asap.

loads of tax and mot. cant go wrong really.