Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

132S - is the engine a B20B

Views : 1395

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 31st, 2009, 22:13   #1
john london

Question 132S - is the engine a B20B

I need a replacement engine for my P1800S (B20B engine) and have been offered a 132S engine but I am not sure it is a B20B. The car is a 1970, 2 door, 123S and apparently the engine number is 1-419-303. Can anyone help? Thanks, John
john london is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 15:10   #2
TomTom
Master Member

I'm sure mine has "B20" stamped on it. It might be hard to spot if your engine has grime and dust on it, but have a good look. It's a very difficult question because there is never a guaranteed mix of year, engine, number of carbs that always comes up. The previous owners could have done anything with them.

Tony Barrett at Braydon may have a list of engine numbers and be able to tell you.

It's all quite flexible, but I agree that you probably want the easiest bolt-on as possible.

Mine was originally a B20A with A cam, then twin SUs were put on and a C cam, then he decided he preferred the single carb and back it went, but retaining the C cam and a tiny exhaust. So it's a bit like a fairly strong fit person, but with asthma.

Tom
TomTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 15:31   #3
amaz'in

Do you mean a 123 GT engine or a 132s engine?

The GT engine is basically the P1800 engine, a 132 engine is a 2 litre engine the former was 1800, it's complex, but at the time the compression ratio on the P1800 and GT engine was 10.5:1 rather than 10:1 of the 2000/1800cc engines.

If the car is a late car it will actually say 133 on the Bulkhead (not allowing for transplants) this means 2 door 2 litre car with twin carbs.

Regards

James
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 21:02   #4
john london

Default B20B engine

Not sure this will thread to the replies I have recieved. Still getting used to the forum!! Thanks for your replies to my engine question - I obviously need to get more info on the engine. I am not sure that the engine number I have been given is valid. Does anyone know if number 1-419-303 is a valid number for a B20B engine?
john london is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 10:25   #5
kforrest

Hello John, did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have been offered this engine but I feel it maybe a marine engine. Cheers Keith
kforrest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
123s, amazon, engine