Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parting out 1999 Volvo S70 2.0 manual from Monday 22nd Sept

Views : 988

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 20th, 2014, 01:29   #1
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Default Parting out 1999 Volvo S70 2.0 manual from Monday 22nd Sept

I'm collecting a 1999 S70 on Monday.
It's black stone in colour.

Parts I'm using will be the 4 door shells, the 4 perfos alloys with tyres, both front wings, headlights, exhaust, and central console. So, basically those parts are taken.

Cloth interior, but has leather door inserts.

Dashboard (complete), glovebox, speedometer, ECU, dash switches, gearbox 5spd, engine, front and rear brakes (calipers & carriers and discs (condition dependant)), steering wheel and airbag, Sunroof, bonnet, boot with spoiler, front and rear bumpers, rear lights, boot liner, boot seal, door seals, Volvo floor mats and various engine parts all available ( ABS Module, ABS Servo, Power steering pump, Alternator, windscreen water bottle, MAF, ETM, Throttle body, intake manifold).

The radio is just the tape deck, non-cd version so doubt anyone will want that.

Engine has I believe 100,000 miles (160,000km) on it however I will be more certain of road mileage when I collect it.

If anyone needs parts, let me know as I can potentially bring some parts over with me to the UK on the 29th Sept (Monday) and happy to meet along the route from Holyhead to London.

Car will be weighed in a week from today (Saturday 27th sept).

Bought the car as it has the parts I wanted for both 855 AWD and S70 projects. Prices will be low. I'm only interested in getting parts out to forum-users without postal costs providing that I can bring those parts required with me.

cheers Bren

Last edited by Darth Vol; Sep 20th, 2014 at 01:31.
Darth Vol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2014, 07:42   #2
blackrevolver
Premier Member

Darth, is the tow bar available?
blackrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 15:54   #3
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrevolver View Post
Darth, is the tow bar available?
Hi it doesn't have one but I have one in storage. Scotland's a bit out of my route next week. Postage from IRL would be too cost prohibitive.

Last edited by Darth Vol; Sep 21st, 2014 at 15:57.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Vol For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 20:06   #4
blackrevolver
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vol View Post
Hi it doesn't have one but I have one in storage. Scotland's a bit out of my route next week. Postage from IRL would be too cost prohibitive.
Yeah wasn't expecting you to head this way but I go down to London sometimes but dates may now not work anyway!
blackrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blackrevolver For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 23:12   #5
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrevolver View Post
Yeah wasn't expecting you to head this way but I go down to London sometimes but dates may now not work anyway!
okay that's grand. if it happens that you are down next week, I'll be in the Essex area in the evenings (Monday to Thursday with oxford my next destination on Thursday 2nd before my return trip on the 3rd)
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 23:23   #6
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

okay this cars demise begins tomorrow evening.

It's going to be used by the young neighbour for a stock-car as am not going to bother with removing the running gear - he's giving me scrap value for it (saves me having to sort it out getting rid of it by end of the week).

So, things up for grabs will consist of the following, with prices.

Cloth interior, but has leather door inserts.

glovebox, £15.00
dash switches, £5.00 each
Sunroof, £30.00 *
boot spoiler, £50.00
front and rear bumpers, £10 each
rear lights, £20.00
boot liner, £15.00*
boot seal, £15.00*
door seals, £40 for all 4
Volvo floor mats £20.00
ABS Module, £25.00
Sunvisors x 1 set £20.00*
windscreen water bottle, £10.00
Roof liner with sunroof aperture £20.00 may need to sort out postage for this at purchasers own cost as it's only going to get damaged in my hatchback golf.
Potentially a set of 4 perfos. Some blistering and slight kerb marks but straight as a dime (no tyres) £250.00 brought over. £100 deposit to be paid before I put them in my boot.

The columbas I had planned to refurb and sell are now going to be used on the stock car so no longer available.

The radio is just the tape deck, non-cd version so doubt anyone will want that - but if you do, the price of a cappuccino will be fine by me.

If you have anything that you may need, let me know by tomorrow and i'll to save what I can and if possible, bring with me to the UK.

NOTE * Means potentially sold.

As you may appreciate, I need this stuff gone, hence the cheap prices. Otherwise my better half, well, she'll disown me if I continue hoarding Volvo parts in the house.

Last edited by Darth Vol; Sep 21st, 2014 at 23:26.
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:29   #7
Darth Vol
Exploring Europe

Default Volvo S70 T5 Alloy Wheels (Perfo - 9173714)

Wheels are now being sold separately. decided to keep just one of them to complement the 4 I have on the T5 (wanted a spare that wasn't metal).

they aren't in as good a condition as I was led to believe before I collected the car. The outer rims have some light kerbing so am going to clean those up (respray the edges) this week once I have the tyres removed.

asking price for each (per wheel, without tyres including transport to uk on Monday next week is £70 a wheel.

contact me via pm and I'll sort out pictures later this evening once I have the tyres removed.

to recap: that's 3 wheels in total, each priced at £70, including my bringing them over with me to the UK next week. route will be Holyhead (05:45am Monday morning) by-passing Birmingham, oxford, M25 towards Essex for 4pm.

same return journey on friday 3rd October.

I have these advertised elsewhere so can't commit to keeping them if someone offers cash first.